Women Advancement Organization (WAO) is a national non-profit Organization (NNGO), founded in 2012 in Juba, South Sudan. WAO is legally registered with South Sudan ministry of humanitarian affairs, Relief and Rehabilitation Commission (SSRRC) registration No.439.
WAO was purposely established to empower, support vulnerable and marginalised groups through livelihoods and sustain their lives through several vocational/practical trainings in life skills.
Resilient society with sustainable services
To reduce illiteracy among women and out of school youth, improve their livelihoods, protect their rights and increase their participation in socio-economic activities.
- Integrity, Accountability and transparency
- Adherence to do no harm principle and neutrality.
- Equity and justice
- Effective partnership(Development actors, Government, private sector and community engagement)
- Compassion and solidarity with the conflict and disaster affected community
- 3.0 Philosophy/ Motto.
- To empower women to participate in, social and economic development in order to achieve their potential.
- 4.0 Key thematic sectors for Women Advancement organisation interventions.
- Education ( ECD, ALP,TVET, Pastoralist, Language & Functional literacy)
- Gender and Child protection (Gender Based violence awareness raising through workshops, film production on ending of early child marriage, trainings of GBV volunteers, ,referrals, Advocacy, Psychosocial support, reproductive health programing, economic empowerment, dissemination of child act policies, establishment of women & child friendly space for out of school children and adolescent, GBV Campaigns (MamaRaSakit campaign) awareness raising and dialogue on prevention of recruitment of child soldier).
- Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) (Vegetable production, Skills development, crop production, agroforestry, emergency livelihood, live skills )
- Peace building and capacity development (Conflict analysis, governance, community dialogue)
- Water , Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Hygiene promotion, Water treatment, construction of water points, Provision of hygiene kits for women and school girls)
- Nutrition and Public Health (Breast feeding Awareness raising,
Nutrition survey for lactating mothers and under five, MAM for children from 6-59 months by taking MUAC and diagnosing them of any related disease, supplementary School feeding ie fruits and vegetables.